The LIV Project was created in 2020 to engage millions of people in one of the greatest challenge of our time – turning the tide of youth suicide. We are a creative collective that develops ideas and products made by some of the most innovative and creative brands and human beings out there. Our output are products and ideas that will get people talking fearlessly and openly about their mental health in productive, and maybe even fun, way.
The LIV Project was created because the numbers of youth suicide are simply going in the wrong direction. While numerous organizations are doing an incredible job in providing talking points, counseling and more, we have taken a different approach: develop product and ideas that actually stoke communication between people, and in creative, maybe even fun, ways. While we don’t really know exactly why suicide and mental health struggles are increasing so quickly, we do know communication is critical to start the healing process. That’s why we champion a single idea: fearless communication.
The LIV Project embraces a creative collective model whereby we invite creatives to submit ideas and projects that will help champion fearless communication and ultimately help turn the tide on youth suicide. Our team helps fund, develop and bring products to market. If you have ideas, please reach out to us on our contact page!
Ask. Listen. Do.
- When you ask they feel seen.
- When you’re afraid to talk you’re saying it’s so scary you can’t event talk about it.
- If you sense something is wrong it probably is.
- Push past “I’m okay” and ask “what’s going on?”
- Ask have you thought about ending your life?
- Ask are you having thoughts of suicide?
- Be fearless to ask.
- When you listen they feel less alone.
- Listen without judgement.
- Don’t try to solve it just listen.
- Keep checking in.
- Let people talk.
- Be fearless to listen.
- When you take action you show you care.
- Keep being there.
- Reassure they’re not a burden.
- You may not need to do anything but listen.
- You may need to call the suicide hotline to get help.
- You can be that person.